Jul 16 , 2015
While millennials and younger generations don’t make up the biggest percentage of homeowners today, they are one of the largest groups to take on major home remodels, including bathroom renovations. At the same time, those millennials who are looking to purchase houses, are often looking for newer, smarter technologies throughout the home in the ones that they purchase. In other words, a more up to date setting, including in the bathrooms, is more likely to sell amongst millennial home buyers. All of this is driving trends in bathroom designs toward interactive technology and smarter designs meant to enhance the user experience.
One of the attributes of today’s smart bathroom design is greater control over the space. This includes ways that the user can help tweak the way they interact with various items in the bathroom to help personalize their experience. A few ways this can be done include:
- Using radiant heat flooring or panels in the bathroom that are preprogrammed to warm the room at specific times of the day so you never have to experience chilled tile again.
- Installing sink faucets with integrated lighting that shows blue for cold water and red for hot so you can tell the temperature at a glance, rather than by touch.
- Including thermostatic shower valves that allow you to set the exact temperature of the water before you turn it on.
- Using toilet seats that include heat, an integrated bidet, self-closing lid, and the option to stream MP3s.
- Investing towel warmers for toasty warm towels at all hours of the day or night, as well as programmable electric towel warmers so you can have your warmed towel waiting for you at specific times of the day.
- Installing smart medicine cabinets and mirrors that feature defogging technology, concealed outlets, and cooled compartments for storing medicines that need to be kept refrigerated.
At the same time that new bathroom owners are wanting to update their space to make it more user friendly, many are also interested in adding a few luxury items to the space as well. Some of the same components that add control also qualify as luxury items. However, if it comes down to choice the following are often seen as the most popular:
- Radiant heat flooring
- Towel warmers
- Glass shower enclosures
- Body sprays
- Heated toilet seats
Adding one or more of these items to your bathroom can help you get a bigger return on investment at time of resale and help your home sell faster at the same time.
Create a Smarter Bathroom
As people integrate more technology into their lives, newer appliances and fixtures for every room of the home will begin to reflect this. The bathroom is one area where technology and smart design is beginning to become more prominent as younger homeowners begin to increase in percentage. So consider adding some smart technology to your bathroom to make the most of your space and your investment.
onlytowelwarmers.com is a family owned business that specializes in selling electric towel warmers.